Cardinal Apps is a student portal that allows you to access various online services and resources offered by the University of the Incarnate Word (UIW). Whether you are a new or returning student, mastering Cardinal Apps can help you succeed in your academic journey and enhance your campus experience. In this article, we will show you how to use Cardinal Apps effectively and efficiently.
What is Cardinal Apps?
Cardinal Apps is a web-based platform that integrates different UIW applications and tools into one convenient location. You can access Cardinal Apps from any device with an internet connection by visiting this link and logging in with your UIW email and password. Once you are logged in, you will see a dashboard with icons for various UIW services, such as:
- Canvas: Canvas is the learning management system (LMS) used by UIW to deliver online courses and assignments. You can use Canvas to access your course materials, submit your work, communicate with your instructors and classmates, check your grades, and more.
- Degree Works: Degree Works is a degree auditing tool that helps you keep track of your academic progress and requirements. You can use Degree Works to view your degree plan, see what courses you have completed and what courses you still need to take, run a graduation check, and more.
- UIW Email: UIW Email is the official email service for UIW students. You can use UIW Email to send and receive messages from UIW faculty, staff, and students, as well as access other Microsoft 365 applications, such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneDrive, Teams, and more.
- UIW Print: UIW Print is a service that allows you to print documents from any campus-wide printer using your UIW ID card. You can use UIW Print to upload your files online, select a printer location, and release your print job when you are ready.
- Handshake: Handshake is a career development platform that connects you with employers and alumni who are looking for talent. You can use Handshake to create your profile, upload your resume, search for jobs and internships, apply for opportunities, attend virtual events, and more.
- These are just some of the services available on Cardinal Apps. You can also find other useful resources, such as the UIW Libraries, the Writing and Learning Center, the Ettling Center for Civic Leadership and Sustainability, the Wellness Center, the Student Engagement Center, and more.
How to Use Cardinal Apps Effectively?
To make the most out of Cardinal Apps, here are some tips and best practices to follow:
- Check your UIW Email regularly: Your UIW Email is the primary mode of communication between you and the university. You should check your email at least once a day to stay updated on important announcements, deadlines, events, and opportunities. You can also set up email notifications on your phone or computer to never miss an important message.
- Explore Canvas features: Canvas has many features that can help you succeed in your online courses. You should familiarize yourself with the Canvas interface and navigation, as well as the tools and functions available for each course. For example, you can use the Calendar to view upcoming assignments and events, the Inbox to send and receive messages within Canvas, the Modules to access course content and activities, the Grades to view your feedback and scores, and more. You can also customize your Canvas settings and preferences to suit your learning style and needs.
- Review your Degree Works regularly: Degree Works is a valuable tool that can help you plan your academic path and achieve your graduation goals. You should review your Degree Works at least once a semester to monitor your progress and make sure you are on track with your degree requirements. You can also use Degree Works to explore different majors and minors, see how your credits transfer from other institutions, and request a degree audit from your academic advisor.
- Take advantage of Microsoft 365 applications: As a UIW student, you have access to Microsoft 365 applications for free through your UIW Email account. You can use these applications to create and edit documents, spreadsheets, presentations, and more online or offline. You can also store your files on OneDrive cloud storage service and share them with others easily. Additionally, you can use Teams to collaborate with your classmates or instructors on projects or assignments in real time.
- Utilize other resources on Cardinal Apps: Besides the services mentioned above, there are many other resources on Cardinal Apps that can support your academic success and personal growth. For example, you can use the UIW Libraries to access online databases, journals, books, ebooks, videos, and more. You can also use the Writing and Learning Center to get tutoring or writing assistance for any course or assignment. Furthermore, you can use the Ettling Center for Civic Leadership and Sustainability to find service opportunities that align with your interests and values.
Cardinal Apps is a powerful platform that provides you with easy access to various UIW services and resources. By mastering Cardinal Apps, you can enhance your academic performance, streamline your online learning experience, and enrich your campus life. We hope this article has given you some useful information and tips on how to use Cardinal Apps effectively. If you have any questions or feedback, please feel free to contact us at this link. Thank you for reading and happy learning!